Branch Financial Manager
Posted on: June 25, 2022
A Branch Financial Manager's responsibility is to lead
administrative processes of the branch (branches) that support
operational efficiency, effectiveness, customer satisfaction and
profitability. Coach and develop a team of administrative
professionals. Support the district financial manager by providing
a cross-functional branch perspective that contributes to district
performance and profitability.
The Branch Financial Manager oversees the maintenance coordinator
and/or operations coordinators to assure the location aligns
business objectives and customers' demands. A branch provides an
ideal environment for learning operational dynamics, business
fundamentals, and garnering experience in improving processes and
Monday through Friday, possible weekends during busy season.
LEADERSHIP OF MAINTENANCE AND OPERATIONS COORDINATOR ROLES
• Lead and develop team through hiring, training, performance
reviews, and check-ins. Provide continuous support and associate
• Develop and sustain consistent processes via cross training that
drive process effectiveness and profitability.
• Reward and recognize team; create an atmosphere of teamwork and
• Periodically assess branch-staffing requirements with DFM.
• Perform branch level analyses and reviews in areas such as
P&L, contribution report, aged trial balance and other areas.
Investigate and recommend solutions and/or guidance to issues
posing a risk to the drivers of profitability.
• Knowledge of assigned branch's operation and its customer is
dependent upon a combination of curiosity and healthy skepticism,
seek an understanding of a branch's customer and operation by
asking other branch associates what they see as they do their
• Use systems such as ServiceNet or AS400 to understand the
operational dynamics for problem solving and process
• Collaborate with BSM / BRM and District leadership to drive
cross-functional collaboration to improve branch operations in
service of the overall district.
• Improve and sustain a broad range of customer facing and internal
branch operational, financial, and administrative processes.
Leadership is required for setting expectations to meet desired
assigned branches objectives and customer satisfaction goals.
• Lead customer facing processes such as Billing, receivables
management aimed at mitigating bad debt, timely vehicle in/out
service, and problem resolution. Ensure Tax and legal compliance
for branch operations. (e.g., billed rates fuel tax, licenses and
• Utilize additional reports to supplement and further detail
findings identified through P&L review, etc.: the open RA
report, receivables, credit assessment, e.g., risk vs. reward,
billed rates, fuel, fuel tax compliance, accident reporting,
physical inventory, etc. Develop solutions to review with DFM;
proceed with action plan.
• Lead initiative implementation at the branch level, provide
consistent execution and adherence to process guidelines.
• Collaborate with key stakeholders such as corporate Finance and
Operations teams (e.g., centralized parts ordering, PM scheduling
and other functions) that optimize local field and centralized
• Supervise the effectiveness of branch maintenance processes
including: Parts, tires and fuel inventories. Provide oversight for
vehicle Security processes, asset inventory, cash drawer management
and associate health and safety processes (e.g., COVID-19 health
and safety precaution)
• Learn how systems from Service Net to the AS400 connect for
understanding the operations dynamics for problem solving and
• Perform Location Operations Reviews with maintenance, rental, and
service & admin support to improve and sustain branch
CUSTOMER SERVICE & SUPPORT
• Grow organizational capability and a shared responsibility for
leadership, integrity and customer-centered performance.
• Oversight of branch level business planning process and support
of district business planning completion as outlined by DM and
• Continuous review of plan vs. actual at branch level throughout
the year to provide guidance and analytics.
• Projects and tasks as assigned by District Manager and District
• High school diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor's degree
(Finance or Business concentration) preferred
• Interpersonal and relationship building skills with an ability to
lead and develop branch teams.
• Competent written and verbal communication skills with an ability
to present branch problems, causes, and a time bound corrective
action plans to DFM, DM, district and branch leadership.
• 2 years experience in customer service and operations
• Agile and quick learner, enjoys collaborative projects and
• Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
and PowerPoint required
• Profit and Loss (P&L) reporting experience highly
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule,
work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment
application, submit to a background investigation (to include past
employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally
and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information;
and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be
required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently
required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with
hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift
and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading,
Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske
Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global
transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet
of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North
America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's
product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract
maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck
sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain
Keywords: Penske, Pharr , Branch Financial Manager, Executive , Pharr, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!