Territory Manager - Rio Grande Valley, TX
Posted on: August 8, 2019
Job Description SummaryJob DescriptionDavol Inc./C.R. Bard has
joined BD. BD Interventionals Surgery worldwide business unit,
located in Rhode Island, is a leading developer, manufacturer, and
marketer of innovative, life-enhancing medical technologies. For
the past 40 years, we have stood out as the market leader in
providing solutions in soft tissue reconstruction including
products for hernia repair, specialized surgical procedures,
fixation and biologic implants. In addition to this extensive suite
of products, our BioSurgery business is delivering a growing line
of enhanced sealants and hemostatic products to complement surgical
techniques across, thoracic, cardiovascular and other surgical
specialties. Our company has a strong tradition of developing our
employees to learn, grow and excel. We are continually building our
team with qualified, team oriented individuals to enhance the
success of our company.
Responsible for attaining sales goals established by the Company
within the designated territory and budget. Responsible for
increasing sales of current accounts and establishing new accounts.
Positions self as a product expert. Presents, educates, and
provides in-services on the process/procedure of properly using the
Companys products to surgeons, OR staff, and other individuals.
These duties include, but are not limited to:
- Providing on-site technical support during procedures to ensure
proper use of the products.
- Training and educating physicians and hospital staff on the use
of the products.
- Ensuring surgeons and staff have the most current product
- Ensuring effective utilization of the products by all trained
surgeons within territory
- Maintains thorough knowledge and capabilities of the Companys
products, channels and methods of distribution.
- Responsible for meeting territory sales and profitability
- Responsible for developing new prospects and establishing
- Informs customers of new and current products, backorders,
general order status, current pricing structure, company policy
changes, and forecasts for new needs.
- Achieves prompt, mutually satisfactory solution to customers
- Keeps promises and appointments. Exercises courtesy and ethical
manners at all times.
- Attends customers meetings and tradeshows. Gives thorough
post-convention report: number in attendance, competitors present,
new product introductions, and recommendations for subsequent
- Establishes Davol products as the standard for bid accounts
through surgeon specifications.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree required.
- Minimum of 3 years general sales experience, medical sales
- Strong interpersonal, oral, communication, organizational and
- Thorough understanding of the needs/analysis approach to
- Understands the product buyer concept.
- Understands contract administration.
- Understands principles of group purchasing to include research,
formulating and recommend proposal.
- Must possess and maintain a valid state-issued driver's license
and meet BD's auto safety standards.
- Must be able to meet and maintain customer/medical facility
access requirements, including regular or periodic drug screenings
with a satisfactory result in accordance with the requirements of
the customer/medical facility serviced.
- Ability to travel at least 20%, including overnight travel.
- Procedure knowledge adequate to illustrate convincingly the
benefits of the Companys products.
- Basic anatomy.
- Ability to discuss the various products in relation to the
- Familiarity with medical and surgical terminology.
***Local candidates only, no relocation available for this
positionPrimary Work LocationUSA RI - WarwickAdditional
Keywords: BD, Pharr , Territory Manager - Rio Grande Valley, TX, Executive , Pharr, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!