The Hourly Detailer supports the Sales and Service Department
operations with clean and finely detailed vehicles. Conform to
dealership and/or manufacturer specifications and time
- Washes vehicle exterior, cleans interior and exterior windows,
and wipes down doorjambs
- Applies wax to auto body and wipes or buffs surface
- Vacuums interior of vehicles to remove loose dirt and
- Cleans upholstery, rugs, and other surfaces, using cleaning
agents, applicators, and cleaning devices
- Applies revitalizers and preservation agents to interior vinyl
or leather surfaces and treats fabrics with spot- and
- Cleans engine and engine compartment with steam-cleaning
equipment and various cleaning agents
- Applies special-purpose cleaners to remove foreign materials
which normal cleaning procedures do not remove, utilizing
experience and judgment and following product manufacturer's
- Inspects vehicles for noticeable defects, such as dents,
scratches, torn upholstery, and poor mechanical operation.
Communicates all defects to manager
- Restores appearance of engine area, rugs and upholstery, and
painted surfaces. Uses touch-up paint, dyes, and other appropriate
- Fills vehicle with fuel
- Keeps shop area neat and clean and able to account for all
dealership-owned tools and equipment at all times
- Understands, keeps up-to-date, and complies with federal,
state, and local regulations that affect service operations such
as; safety rules and procedures, hazardous waste disposal, OSHA
- Wears appropriate PPE, i.e. uses proper protection when using
products that require protection
- Applies dressing on tires and tire wells
- Replaces missing or defective small parts
- Other duties as assigned
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time
with or without notice.
The Company is committed to hiring a diverse and qualified
workforce. We will not consider any characteristic or category
protected by state or federal law in hiring or employment
decisions, including but not limited to race, national origin,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
disability, age, status as a parent, or genetic information.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to follow processes to ensure quality and safety
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and
- Ability to listen to customer and determine how to assist
- Maintains positive attitude
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Time management skills and ability to prioritize
- Excellent communication skills and works well in a team
Work Environment/ Physical Demands
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
May work in an indoor or outdoor space. Work environment may
involve various weather conditions such as heat and cold as well as
safety hazards due to the nature of work. May experience loud noise
on a regular basis.
Medium Work ---Lifting, pulling, or pushing up to 50 pounds
occasionally or up to 20 pounds of force frequently.
This position will require the employee to be standing and
walking for prolonged periods of time.
This position requires the ability to push, pull, stoop, kneel,
reach, and grasp on a regular basis.
This position involves repetitive motion.
This position requires the ability to talk and hear.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Shop Business Hours with ability to work nights, weekends, and
holidays as required
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent.
Preferred Education and Experience
One year experience working in the automotive industry
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Valid Driver's License