General Superintendent - Structures
Posted on: March 17, 2023
- Supervise assigned project work and serve as a liaison between
field engineering, estimating, and workforce to ensure compliance
with overall project tasks.
- Plans work methods, materials, equipment needs and work
schedules for assigned project work.
- Reviews and understands project specifications to support job
- Works with crews, field engineers and local utility companies
to identify hazardous areas on job sites.
- Presents production work plans during project meetings to
ensure all project crews and leaders are in alignment.
- Coordinates with internal equipment team and external vendors
to ensure that project work is equipped with appropriate equipment
and material quantities to complete production within assigned
budget and schedules.
- Forecasts work schedules to identify possible issues and
provides technical or scheduling recommendations to mitigate
- Provides technical input to identify and resolve project risks
including construction methods, work plans and material
requirements, worksite safety and documentation requirements. -
Includes recommending training needs identified on jobsite.
- Supervises sub-contractor production and workforce regarding
assigned project work.
- Recommends work schedule or work method adjustments regarding
sub-contractor activities, as needed.
- Coordinates project close-out activities in line with Company
Standards and Owner checklist requirements.
- Maintains knowledge of Company values and strategic plans.
- Performs additional assignments per Management's direction.
- Education and or Experience
- 8+ Years of Heavy Civil Construction Experience Required
- 5+ Years Construction Management Experience Required
- Bachelor's Degree a Plus
- Certifications and/or Licensing Requirements
- Safety Trained Supervisor (STS) Certification Preferred
- Valid Driver's License
- Knowledge/Skills and Abilities
- Strong Written/Verbal and Presentation Communication Skills
- Knowledge of -Construction Site Equipment Operation and
- Knowledge of Safety Protocols and Proven Ability to Enforce
Project Safety Programs in a Construction Environment
- Ability to Read, Analyze, and Interpret Standards and Contract
specific Plans and Specifications
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions. Physical Demands and Work Environment: This
job operates in a field environment. - This role routinely requires
extended periods of standing, walking, bending, squatting, and
lifting. - Also, working in inclement weather conditions, such as
extreme heat, extreme cold, rain, ice, snow, and wind. The physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
the job. - This position is physically active, with lifting
required. - Must be able to bend and lift and carry up to 40
Keywords: Dragados, Pharr , General Superintendent - Structures, Other , Pharr, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...