Posted on: August 24, 2019
Peraton is seeking qualified personnel Aerostat Operator personnel
to provide Operations and Maintenance support for program aerosta t
systems operating in the vicinity of McAllen, TX and Rio Grande
City, TX. The aerostat systems provide persistent surveillance,
detection capabilities, to our U.S. Government customer.
What you'll do...
The Aerostat Operator function as part of a crew that will perform
all functions to support both flight and maintenance activities at
the aerostat site. Responsibilities include:
- Perform all operations & maintenance functions to operate the
aerostat system and its sensors.
- Hands-on operation of the aerostat system including launch,
in-flight, recovery, and moored maintenance activities.
- Maintain cognizance of system performance.
- Conduct aerostat performance computations as necessary to
acquire data results relative to aerostat system state-of-health
- Identify and analyze any security threats on the site and
report any unusual security conditions.
- Responsible for training other team members and USBP personnel
in aerostat operations and maintenance activities as required.
- Analyze data related to significant events and create reports
based on data captured.
- Perform corrective and preventive maintenance on the aerostat
and control subsystems, power and control subsystems, tether
subsystem, ground station electronic subsystems, payload and
communications subsystems, and site facility electronics as
- Perform all aerostat electronic subsystem preflight and
post-flight checks and inspections as required.
- Assist with coordination of resupply and repair logistics
activities for the aerostat electronics subsystems.
- Perform activities to fulfill Civil Engineering site tasks
related to site support.
- May be required to work in special man-lift vehicles. Functions
as a key member of the flight crew for inflation, deflation,
launch, recovery, maintenance, and in-flight activities.
- Operate and use support equipment to include but not limited
to: forklift, all-terrain vehicles, and generators.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
You'd be a great fit if...
- You have an associate degree in a related field with 4+ years
of related work experience or a High School Diploma with 6+ years
of related work experience. 6+ years of related work experience may
be substituted for an associate degree.
- You have aerostat systems operating knowledge. 1 year preferred
in at least one of the following systems: RAID / PGSS / PTDS /
PSST-M / PSST-L.
- Obtain and maintain aerostat operations certifications
designated by Peraton Training and Development Manager in
accordance with program Training Plan and Curriculum.
- You have excellent organizational skills, as well as excellent
verbal and communication skills.
- You have advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word / Excel /
PowerPoint / Project).
- You have a valid U.S. Driver's license.
- You can understand, speak, read and write English
- You have proof of U.S. residency (required).
It'd be even better if you...
- Can lift up to 50 lbs.
- Can perform the following physical activities: stooping,
climbing, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting and working with or
in areas where a potential could exist for exposure to physical,
chemical or biological agents.
- Can use the Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required in
certain areas. Such PPE includes but is not limited to head, foot,
hand, torso, respiratory, vision and hearing protective devices.
Must comply with OSHA, EPA, Fire Regulations and published company
- Are comfortable working in interior and exterior work
environments, sometimes in inclement weather. May be required to
travel for extended periods as needed.
- Can travel as needed.
What you'll get...
- An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
- Rapid PTO accrual schedule with floating holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Company-paid infertility treatments
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
- The ability to influence major initiatives
This position requires the candidate to obtain and maintain a
position of public trust. To obtain this position, you must
currently be a U.S. Citizen and U.S. Resident and be able to show
proof of citizenship and residency.
This position requires the candidate to obtain and maintain
aerostat operations certifications designated by Peraton Training
and Development Manager in accordance with program Training Plan
Are you ready to join the next-generation of national security?
Peraton is a fresh name in the industry with an established
portfolio and legacy going back more than a century. We work
differently than our peers - with agility, the freedom to innovate,
an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture of responsibility. As part
of the Peraton team, you'll be part of our movement to build a
great company, solve the most daunting challenges facing mankind
today, to protect and promote freedom around the world, and to
secure our future, for our families, our communities, our nation,
and our way of life.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We
consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age,
national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran
status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or
membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local
Keywords: Peraton, Pharr , Aerostat Operator, Other , Mcallen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!