Grants & Contracts Specialist
Company: UT Health
Posted on: November 23, 2019
Grants & Contracts SpecialistBrownsville,
TexasHotAccounting/FinanceUTHealth School of Public
HealthRequisition #: 190002L0Position Summary:Assists in planning,
coordinating and monitor the research activities of the unit.
Develops and administers procedures designed to comply with
appropriate regulations relating to the administration of
government and private research grants and contracts and for the
interpretation and application of such procedures and
regulations.Department: School of Public HealthLocation:
Brownsville Regional Campus, Brownsville, TXPosition Type: Full
Time/ Non-ExemptPosition Key Accountabilities:
- Assists Principal Investigator with pre and post award
administration and coordinating.
- Analyzes proposed grants and contract proposals and awards for
special conditions/restrictions and establishes controls as needed
to ensure full compliance.
- Provides assistance to Principal Investigators and their staff
to ensure allowability and allocability available to them by
counseling and/or disseminating information and guidelines of the
various granting agencies.
- Distributes to Principal Investigators pertinent information
relating to contractual provisions and obligations.
- Adjust budgets dependent upon contract requirements.
- Coordinates activities in establishing grant protocol with
institutions that may be involved in similar activities as named by
- Assists in development of progress plans with professional
organizations relative to the objective and purpose of grant
funding for a particular area of research or training.
- Compiles financial and personnel reports for grants and
contracts at the departmental or school level.
- Negotiate with agency regarding renewal of
- Oversees proper close-out of grants and contracts, including
final financial reports to grant agency
- Creates and maintains inventory of assets procured under
contract and grant accounts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Certification/Skills:
- Effective communication and negotiation skills
- Database and spreadsheet skillsMinimum Education:
- Bachelors degree or relevant work experience in lieu of
- Two years of experiencePhysical Requirements:Exerts up to 20
pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds frequently
and/or a negligible amount constantly to move objects.Security
Sensitive:This job class may contain positions that are security
sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education
Code 51.215If you are looking for a great healthcare career in
Houston, visithttp://go.uth.edu/careers!University of Texas Health
Science Center at Houston (UTHealth)Established in 1972 by The
University of Texas System Board of Regents, The University of
Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth) is Houstons
Health University and Texas resource for health care education,
innovation, scientific discovery and excellence in patient care.
The most comprehensive academic health center in the UT System and
the U.S. Gulf Coast region, UTHealth is home to schools of
biomedical informatics, biomedical sciences, dentistry, nursing and
public health and the John P. and Kathrine G. McGovern Medical
School. UTHealth includes The University of Texas Harris County
Psychiatric Center, as well as the growing clinical practices UT
Physicians, UT Dentists and UT Health Services. The universitys
primary teaching hospitals are Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical
Center, Childrens Memorial Hermann Hospital and Harris Health
Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital.UTHealth BenefitsUTHealth offers a
comprehensive and competitive benefits package. For more
information on our benefits programs please refer to the UTHealth
Office of Benefits
Employment Opportunity StatementUTHealth is committed to providing
equal opportunity in all employment-related activities without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national
origin, age, disability, genetic information, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law or
university policy. Reasonable accommodation, based on disability or
religious observances, will be considered in accordance with
applicable law and UTHealth policy. The University maintains
affirmative action programs with respect to women, minorities,
individuals with disabilities, and eligible veterans in accordance
with applicable law.
Keywords: UT Health, Pharr , Grants & Contracts Specialist, Other , Brownsville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!